Nov 19, 2012

Bag IT

Helllo my lovely lovely people!!

How are you guys doing on a Monday? I have not been blogging as much as i would have liked recently, thanks to the domestic chores and the helper shortage! Boy i have missed it! Hope you guys are happy, hooking and having lotsa creative space and time in which ever part of the world you are in..

But, be it all the work from 6 in the morning till 12 in the night, the 4 odd meals, the 10 odd feeding sessions, the playing, fighting, cleaning, dirtying, school work, bouts of illness...i still cannot keep the hook down. My mother-in-law bought the lovely package of Laura Cotton which i had ordered from India. Looking at all the colors, the first thing that came to my mind was THIS bag. I am sure you guys have all seen it, admired it, hooked it - thanks to the lovely Lucy who is so kind and thoughtful in providing us with hooky delights and all  her lovely tutorials. Here's my version of it..


I wanted a market bag, being Eco-friendly is something which i am trying to adapt into my living style and trying to do away with plastic bags is a step in that direction. Tho the hubby feels otherwise about the yarn and the ordering and the postage and such money matters..tut tut..

.
I have modified the pattern to be a bit more broader at the base and tapering towards the top. To do this, after increasing in the base rounds, i decreased in the body rounds to get a more fall feel to the bag. Can you make out the way it flops over and has those waves like the other leather bags? I wanted that look rather than a plain A cut kinda look...

 Isn't the bed cover lovely? It s a gift from my MIL from India. Indian textiles, especially cotton, is well known all over the world. And Gujarat is one of the best states in India to go for cotton fabric shopping!

True to the Lucy style, i could not help but attach some flowers to pretty up the whole thing..
Stack of leaves and flowers. You can find the leaf pattern HERE and the flower pattern HERE.



 Attached to the bag and straps using some buttons from my stash...

 Love all the colors of this bag, the cotton thread is real value for money and i am already in a frenzy over what all i need to order and do next!! Oh i forgot, i have some 45 days more till my other pair of hands return...Waiting...it will PASS!!!

 The straps are just 4 rounds of SC in sober colors.


 Lining too for the bag as i cannot risk the spill of liquids with 2 toddlers in hand.



Parting shot of me with the bag. Can you see how good a size it is? Would be sufficient for all my day to day market needs :) I am very pleased with it! What are you guys hooking, sewing, crafting right now? Would love to hear from you, as usual your words make blogging worth it!!

Love and more,
xxx











21 comments:

  1. Hi Rajeswari, The bag has turned out great! Lovely color selection. Just like you I too have not been able to blog as much as I would like. Must remedy that soon. Love to you and the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sangeetha! Blogging does require time and dedication and sometimes laziness overcomes many things :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you did a wonderful job making that bag! I love the lining. Think that bag should make it on my to-do list. After christmas crafting that is.

    Hope you are doing well with all the chores, it sometimes sucks the energy out ouf one, doesn't it? My little Guy started playing Lego Duplo last week and his grandma had kept 4kg of that from his father and aunt waiting for grandchildren. So imagine the mess with 4kg Lego stones lying around *haha*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha..am sure its lotsa mess, but Lego does keep little men busy for hours so we should be happy for that!

      Delete
  3. Lovely colors and beautiful bag! :) it looks trendy too! Hats off to you for completing a project despite so many tasks at home!!
    Hope you succeed in your Eco friendly movement. Don't know about you, but I am a bit choosy about things to put in such a beautiful bag- oil or milk tetra packs? No way; lotions, shampoo etc? Nope,the liquid things might damage the bag even though there is lining; food? Definitely not a ready-to-eat idli batter ;)

    even if I make a crochet tea coaster I reluctantly allow anyone to keep a cup on it. Strange! May be I do not have enough items created by me and am too possessive of whatever few I made. I would have used this beautiful bag for something like, may be, yarn shopping!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That true, i too wont like to get my crochet items spoilt, but i like to see them in use. Using it to keep my wallet and some small stuff whenever i do out. And diapers of course - the clean ones :)

      Delete
  4. Th bag is beautiful! Loved the colors you chose, and loved the flowers. I agree with Preeti, the bag might get spoiled anyways, so better to keep it for some dry stuff like cosmetics, or yarn...)))i also would like to make some netted bag for vegetables. good that you care for our nature!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I too had lotsa fun doing the flowers. Loved your write up about Deepavali, great to see you have so much interest in India's culture and traditions.

      Delete
  5. Really beautiful bag with sweet flowers.. Good idea and so good work..:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a lovely bag, well done for managing to make something! use it for something nice, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, will use it for something non messy and hopefully nice..

      Delete
  7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your bag . . . I believe the more colors you use, the prettier a project is. . . well, within reason . . . LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the more the merrier certainly holds true in this case!

      Delete
  8. Hello dear, Thank you for your best wishes. Hope to be back soon.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really beautiful. Happy crochet:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea!Thanks for sharing!
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your bag is so beautiful! Love the colors & flowers :-). Great job ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bag is really pretty! I love eco friendly bags and when they are cute it's even better :) Great blog too, I'm your newest follower! Elisabeth xx

    http://elizyart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. do you have a pattern for this or something you went by? I'd love to make one, but a bit smaller, for more of a purse look.

    ReplyDelete

I am comment friendly! Would love to hear from you guys:)